I know Pierre promised us to do a vote a couple of weeks back, but
that was out of the picture for me after the meeting.

It was explicitly said on the meeting that I should make my vote on the developers list. I verified this with several people.
It's a simpel vote. It is not about changing rules or requirements, because those are exactly the same as they are for all code - the fact that I repeated them does not make them 'new'.
All the vote is about is to relax one requirement - which is the requirement that the code is maintained by the community.
If that is too much trouble to make a vote on, I doubt it will be on a face-to-face meeting.
I can delay the end of the vote till thursday, after the meeting, so people can discuss it as mcuh as they like. However if you cannot simply make up your mind on the simple qyestion whether we should allow people access to CVS (yes or no), then there is imo no point in continuing at all.

If you don't want people to be able to put their code in CVS at all, vote -1. If you do think people should get access, using the current rules and possibly more relaxed rules in the future, vote +1. If you don't care, abstain.

It really seems that it does'nt matter what I do, it is wrong anyway.
However, you can no blame the MMC for not taking steps. You can only blame yourself if this whole thing amounts to nothing.

--
Pierre van Rooden
Mediapark, C 107 tel. +31 (0)35 6772815