> If we look at images we have yet a new problem
> images use a few fields to store the data (handle/type/size?)
> and has a few functions (convert / get cached node etc) that depend on
a few fields to be avaiable in the builder (handle/itype).
> so (builder.java and builder.xml depend no each other)
> Since we do not support multiple inheritance  when you want to create
a "PublishingImageBuilder" your is trouble.
> Im' in favour of delegating functionality of builder to separate
classes
> (PublishingImageBuilder) (and now in xml in code)
> <builder name="publishableimages" implements="images,publishable"
extends="object"/>

Mabey a better example is the use of the "content" object
most sites I create use a content object. The content contains a few
fields like creation time and last modifiefd time, sometime there is
also an embargo.

Of course there is some code to update te timestamp when an object is
changed.
Now I would like to make the images builder extend the content
builder.(of course I dont want to create my onw Images class)
What is best way of doing this?

keep in mind:
-node.delete() should delete the syncnodes to
-node.getXXX("lastmod"); must return the last modified date
-when an image node is changed the itype might have changed

<<winmail.dat>>