Rob van Maris wrote:
These are the design principles. They have been the guiding principles
from the outset, and applied consistently. If you don't agree it's too late to change it now. We'll agree to
disagree.

That si afine way to argue stuff. It's too late to change things, because now is when you decide to discuss it?
The stoareg layer has bene set up to abstarxct things, which means that the validity of data and any required conbersons are done by the layer. this is because you can at no time determine for sure how things are stored.
Those are the design principles of the storage layer.
Personally I think this needs be changed in 1.8.

--
Pierre van Rooden
Mediapark, C 107 tel. +31 (0)35 6772815