hey kim,

are you REALLY sure, that axapta STOPS on reaching the magic number ??

As far as I understand, Axapta DOES NOT STOP, beside it tries to insert a 0 value on recID (constraints on sql fields).

But following situation.:

you have roundabout 4.2 billion recids drawn already.

==> table SYSTEMSEQUENCE NextVal has a value of e.G. -2

you start the axapta client and do your first insert within the company we are speaking of.

- On trying the first insert this client knows: I've to cache 25 numbers starting with -2
  it updates the systemsequenece table (setting nextval to +23).

- Now this client do ONE insert. The recID will have the value -2

- The (this) clients is terminated

- The next client is started. This client knows: I have to start with reciD +23 on insert and increases the nextval to 48.

- This second client inserts a record with recID 23 a a table X.

  !!! this table can have a record for the given company with the newly inserted recID (+23) already.
  !!! not every table has a UNIQUE dataareaid, recID index.
  !!! only if createRecID index is set to yes or no other usable index is given on the table.

- effect is you have 2 records wth the same recid for the same company in ther same table

- now the problems starts -> exporting (mapping old-new) or tables which are linked using refTableID, refRecID

so if axapta WILL STOP (simply STOP - maybe with a message "game over") this would be GREAT.

so please (this is REALLY important)

Can you verify your statement that Axapta STOPS after reaching the magic number.

regards / mfg / mvh / Kveğja

michael

p.p.s.: "tech is back"