On 01/07/2012 13:26, ext k blammo wrote:
> On 01/07/2012 15:44, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>>
>> The perl that comes with msysgit doesn't work with our syncqt script.
>
> Is this a regression with respect to
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,27136
> or is it a different issue?

Seems likely.
Most of us don't detect this issue, since we use ActiveState Perl
instead of the MSysGit perl.

The MSysGit perl is not intended to be a complete perl installation, but
just enough to drive the scripts that are part of the Git package. So,
one should not rely on it in a production system.

Just install ActiveState (or any other of your favorite), and ensure
it's first in the path. Or just make sure you use the git's cmd/ path
instead of bin/ path in your environment, and they won't conflict.

--
.marius