>I'm not sure if we want to go down this route (doxygen), but it seems an
>option to me.

We have discussed it many times. The management decision has always been to
proceed with qdoc. I don't feel strongly either way, but if I'm asked I would
say we should stay with qdoc and just move qdoc gradually toward doxygen.

The qdoc index file was originally meant to allow a customer to link his
documentation to the Qt documentation, so we generated the Qt documentation
with qdoc, and as a byproduct, qdoc produced qt.index, which is then loaded
with the customers sourses when qdoc generates the customer's documentation.

So, functionally, qt.index is like a doxygen tag file, but I don't like the
implementation, so I think we should add the doxygen tag file functionality to
qdoc. qdoc already has something called a tag file, but this is for a different
purpose. I think we might not need it anymore.

Earlier I proposed getting qdoc to output a "target" file, which I suppose is
the same as the doxygen tag file.

martin