On Monday 24. September 2012 13.36.10 Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> 23.09.2012, 14:25, "Frederik Gladhorn" <gladh...@kde.org>:
> > Hi,
> > since we were discussing how to maintain QDoc and how to fix issues, I
> > poked at doxygen again.
> > I also sent a mail to it's maintainer who responded quickly and friendly.
> > I'm not sure if we want to go down this route, but it seems an option to
> > me. It means a lot of work, but so does maintaining qdoc and extending it
> > (does anyone feel like adding template support there?).
> >
> > Below are my initial findings (looking at qtcore only). Feel free to
> > correct me or add your experience with doxygen.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Frederik
> >
> > Big issues:
> >   - QML
> >   - No support for tables?
> >       \table \header \row ...
>
> Doxygen supports HTML tables.
Ok, sounds good. Thanks for pointing that out.

> > Open Questions:
> >   * inheritance
>
> What's the problem? Doxygen adds section "Inherits" for inherited classes.
I didn't check, but it produces different output for class interitance. I think
we used to hide some inheritance (iirc QAtomicInt or some class like that)
when it was of a private base class.
I don't think this would be a blocker though.

Mind that I just glanced at it out of curiosity. Nobody has seriously
considered switching from qmake and I think we have enough issues to fight.
It's just something we might discuss for longer term.

Greetings
Frederik