> Solution:
>
> qmake renamed to qmake5 and lives with the other binaries in <libexec>/bin
> Create /usr/bin/qmake5 as a symlink to <libexec>/bin/qmake5 for Linux
> distro builds - triggered by some set of configure flags, NOT default
> behaviour for a source build

You definitely don't want support multiarch configurations out-of-the-box :)
Well, yeah, switching with `sudo ln -svf /usr/lib/qt5/libexec/qmake5
/usr/bin/qmake5` is a way more handy than with `qmake -set-qt 5.0-x86`
(or even with `qmake -set-qt 5x86` if you created a symlink to the
5.0-x86's config file).
And yeah, switching the system-default Qt for all users just to build
some crappyhelloworldexample .pro is a shiny new great idea :)

Konstantin