On Nov 22, 2012, at 1:08 PM, Konstantin Tokarev <annu...@yandex.ru>
 wrote:

> 22.11.2012, 16:04, "Rutledge Shawn" <shawn.rutle...@digia.com>:
>> On 22 Nov 2012, at 12:06 PM, Volker Götz wrote:
>>

>> Yeah I know, and that's very convenient, but I've seen installers sometimes
>> too.
>>
>> We could even offer a way to make it easy for application developers to make
>> installers, in order to standardize the Qt framework installation at bit
>> more.  For example QBS could generate a target to build an installer.  If it
>> will save memory on users' systems, it seems like a good thing, right?
>
> There's installer of Qt which install Qt frameworks globally to the system.
> However, sharing them between application on end-user system is not a good
> idea, because it may result in conflicts between Qt applications.

I think the way to go for deployment on Mac is definitively self-contained app
bundles where each app carries its own copy of Qt. This is what macdeployqt
creates. Anything else is as you say just going to create conflicts.
Self-contained bundles are also enforced by the app store.

It does not really matter if Qt is deployed as frameworks or .dylibs inside the
bundle.

Morten