Hi, all,

I think it's important, your commits in stable branch perhaps lost after dev
branch merged. At least we found one case:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/51722

Before the big merge happened recently, we normally will fix some bugs in
stable branch(5.0), and they will be merged into dev branch regularly, normally
manually done by Frederik Gladhorn(thanks for his work).

But this time, we didn't do the regular stable->dev merge just before the
current unfinished BIG dev->stable merge. When dev->stable merge happened, the
"merger" maybe had chosen the dev code to override the stable one when
conflicts happened. Then some commits in stable maybe lost. If you have some
recent commits in stable, pls check whether it is still in stable after the
dev->stable merge.

For example, for qtbase, last stable->dev happened March 6,
49a2ec05b43b49d06dba8c6909c9df8d308e127d. And dev->stable is March 20,
e5a11fbb3251a98fafd6bebf0b6fc366acb19088. BTW, we also have some merges from or
to release, better to also check them.

This is the first time which we merge dev->stable in qt history, I think.

Regards,
Liang