On Sunday 24 March 2013 16:32:38 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> But I'm not sure your idea belongs to Qt. You're describing a build server.
> Maybe you should contact one of the cloud organisations. You'll also
need to
> explain why your idea is superior to the Open Build Service and similar
> tools by Linux distributions.
It is all around Qt. The basic idea is to simplify the deployment steps on
each platform. On Linux it actually includes the Open Build Service. On
Windows an installer creation tool called InnoSetup and on OSX the
macdeployqt tool. At least this is my current setup. In my opinion the
hardest part of cross-platform development is the deployment of the
binaries. Often developers use only one platform for development and the
applications end up only on these platforms. Also releasing applications is
consuming a lot of time, imagine you could push only one button in your Qt
Creator and your application is built and released for all target platforms.
Do do this you basically need a few computers (or VMs) with some kind of
server software and a Qt SDK running on them and a client that sends the
packages to build. My intention is to make a small server applications and
a Qt Creator plugin for the main development platform.
I'm not sure, but I think this actually belongs to the Qt Project.

> PS: I don't think we've committed to entering the Qt Project as a
mentoring
> organisation in the GSoC.
I think there are a few days left for registration.

Regards
Alexander