On terça-feira, 21 de janeiro de 2014 13:31:40, Matt Broadstone wrote:
> I think this would be great as well, but also if there was maybe an io
> manipulator to print the hex if you want to look at that as well. Ideally
> such a manipulator would print the whole hex, currently the hex printed for
> QByteArrays is truncated which in my experience makes it pretty useless in
> most cases..

Comment from qtestcase.cpp:
    /* We output at maximum about maxLen characters in order to avoid
     * running out of memory and flooding things when the byte array
     * is large.
     *
     * maxLen can't be for example 200 because Qt Test is sprinkled with fixed
     * size char arrays.
     * */

I don't know how relevant that comment still is. But it's normal for the data
to be limited, we can't flood the output with huge strings.

If you want, you can contribute a feature that shows which element in an
array-like type differs (QByteArray, QString, QLists, QVectors).