It is called GLES2 because there used to be a GLES1 value too, until a recent
purge for ES 1.x support. The version could be omitted now.

Laszlo

-----Original Message-----
From: development-bounces+laszlo.agocs=digia....@qt-project.org
[mailto:development-bounces+laszlo.agocs=digia....@qt-project.org] On Behalf Of
Giuseppe D'Angelo
Sent: 23. april 2014 09:35
To: development@qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Development] Qt 5.3 header diff: QtGui

Il 23/04/2014 01:15, Thiago Macieira ha scritto:
>> >+    enum OpenGLModuleType {
>> >+        DesktopGL,
>> >+        GLES2
>> >+    };
> Suggestion: OpenGL & OpenGLES2. Some non-desktop devices may have non-ES GL.
> The fact that we constantly refer to "desktop GL" erroneously should not
> influence the API.

Why not just OpenGLES? That is, why putting the ES version in there? (If
it's for saying "ES with programmable shaders", then we should also have
DesktopGL2 there. Otherwise, it looks like we don't support ES3 or similar).

Thanks,

--
Join us Oct 6-8 at BCC Berlin for Qt Developer Days 2014!
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Software Engineer