It's hard to beat the automatic notifications that Jira has. Anyone who has a
business interest in a bug should be watching it in Jira.

I don't remember seeing ChangeLog entries for fixes for non-critical bugs, and
I imagine it would be really hard to get people to do this, which is why I was
suggesting (on #qt-labs, and I'm probably not the first) that it would be good
to have a way to automatically add one based on the task number and the title
of the bug report (either as a post commit hook or maybe some script that the
changelog script calls to fetch the info from git log). For example, for
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-1000, it could be something like:

[ChangeLog][QTBUG-1000] Fixed "QTableWidget Row Remove/Insert bug"

The titles could of course be edited by the maintainer (either after the
changelog has been generated, or they could be more conscientious about editing
bad bug report titles), but for the most part the titles are fairly sane and
wouldn't need changing.