On 12/04/19 12:56, Volker Hilsheimer wrote:
Hi,

QApplication::globalStrut is a property that has outlived its purpose.

IIRC, then I added that in the early Qt 2 days, anticipating that with
Qt/Embedded we might see our widgets landing on touch screens “any moment now”.
The idea was to have a global setting that ensured that widgets and other
interactables (such as menu items, list items, checkbox markers etc) are at
least x,y pixels large.

Well, the world has moved on, and the value has never been consistely used in
styles or widgets anyway.

I am not in the position to object code changes, but the Skulpture widget style fully respects the globalStrut for all widgets since many years.

https://kdepepo.wordpress.com/2009/03/12/global-strut-feature/