On 28 Feb 2020, at 21:33, Lars Knoll
<lars.kn...@qt.io<mailto:lars.kn...@qt.io>> wrote:

So to shortcut this discussion a bit: I am completely opposed to a massive SIC
changes/efforts for our signals (like giving them ugly names like
emitClicked(), or signal objects).

If people feel strongly, I am open to trying to find a way to keep some sort of
‘emit’ prefix (whether that’s Q_EMIT or a [[qt::emit]] attribute), but I do
agree with Marc that we should in the long term try to get away from having
emit/signals/slots defined as macros (at least by default).

+1 but I hope we end up getting started on this “long term” project in some
form.