On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 12:30:32PM +0300, Ville Voutilainen wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 at 12:25, Philippe <philw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Almost all the time I second your positions, but not this time ;)
> >
> > QList is historically a cause of ambiguity, and Qt6 is the chance to get
> > rid of that.
>
> Indeed. QList causes confusion for the uninitiated that are aware of
> the differences between std::vector and std::list [...]

And "vector" confuses the uninitiated who expect it to be an element
of a vector space, to point somewhere, to carry diseases, or to be
something like a single pointer ("interrupt vector").

I really wonder who thought that "vector" was a good name for a
container of not necessarily scalar elements that can change its
dimension.

Maybe someone who was involved with the initial choice of that name
can share some insight?

Andre'