Thanks for the response.
I can provide a third option - we can move Qbs out of the Qt Governance Model
by moving to GitHub. I have raised this topic on our Discord server and the
community overall seems positive - there were several votes for the migration
and no votes against. This migration might be healthy to Qbs as a lot of
newcomers are not familiar with Gerrit but familiar with GitHub and it’s
pull-request model.
Also, it will clearly separate who can approve/reject patches to Qbs and to the
rest of Qt world.
If there are no objections, I will create an INFRA issue about the migration -
it should not be very hard to do.

Ivan