On 9/15/21 1:03 PM, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
in this case, you personally instructed the maintainer to do only
minimal maintenance work (which he does an excellent job at). he has
repeatedly made clear that he has exactly *zero* interest in the
strategic direction of qbs, and is letting "the community" duke it out
among itself, exactly as you wished. he provides no guidance whatsoever,
but reserves the right to cut short discussions he finds boring (or
something). the -2 is an override on that institutionalized
indifference.

I think our definition of "guidance" differs. For me, it does not involve going into infinite loops of obsessively arguing about points that only I care about. I do believe, however, that I am reasonably capable of telling a good patch from a bad one and constructive advice from self-serving bickering.

Christian