From: Development <development-boun...@qt-project.org> On Behalf Of Thiago
Macieira
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 2:50 PM
To: development@qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Development] [Announce] Security advisory: Freetype in Qt

On Wednesday, 27 July 2022 14:28:05 PDT Scott Bloom wrote:
> Outside opinion. I know many non-commercial who tend to stick with the
> LTS for their projects.

The problem is that you're not getting Support, whether Long Term or Short Term
or Any Term. Those are stale, a year or more out of date.

I agree there's some value in sticking to the 5.15 or 6.2 line because there
will eventually be updates, even if late. But we must balance that with the
possibility that the choice was misleading. We don't want someone to choose
6.2.4 now only because it's under the "LTS" heading, but not get a single
update for the next 10 months.

  • ... List for announcements regarding Qt releases and development via Development
    • ... Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development
      • ... Andy Shaw
      • ... Thiago Macieira
        • ... Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development