If the goal here is to build documentation, I recommend installing Qt from the
installer, and then doing a local build with e.g.:

cd ~/build/qt/6.x-doc && ~/dev/qt/configure -developer-build -nomake examples
-nomake tests -no-warnings-are-errors -submodules qtbase,qtdoc -qt-host-path
~/install/qt/6.5.1/macos -- -DQT_NO_PACKAGE_VERSION_INCOMPATIBLE_WARNING=TRUE

Passing the binary installation directory to -qt-host-path will let you build
documentation for another branch using the host tools (qdoc, etc) from the
binary installer.

Cheers,
Tor Arne