Hello,

You can find an example of that in my project.

I have a model storing all players of the game. A player can have one or more characters.

The PlayerModel is the tree model.
Header: https://invent.kde.org/rolisteam/rolisteam/-/blob/master/src/libraries/core/include/model/playermodel.h Cpp: https://invent.kde.org/rolisteam/rolisteam/-/blob/master/src/libraries/core/src/model/playermodel.cpp

The CharacterModel is the proxy model gathering all characters (leaves of the PlayerModel) from all players as a list model. Header: https://invent.kde.org/rolisteam/rolisteam/-/blob/master/src/libraries/core/include/model/charactermodel.h Cpp: https://invent.kde.org/rolisteam/rolisteam/-/blob/master/src/libraries/core/src/model/charactermodel.cpp

The PlayerProxyModel is a proxy model gathering all players as a list model (roots of PlayerModel). Header: https://invent.kde.org/rolisteam/rolisteam/-/blob/master/src/libraries/core/include/model/playerproxymodel.h Cpp: https://invent.kde.org/rolisteam/rolisteam/-/blob/master/src/libraries/core/src/model/playerproxymodel.cpp

I also have few proxy model to deal with PlayerProxyModel to show only remote players (removing the local player).

Hope it helps.

Regards.