On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 10:33:27PM +0100, Arno Rehn wrote:
On 24.10.23 21:12, Arno Rehn wrote:
On 22.10.23 20:57, Andy Nichols wrote:
Ideally if QtGamepad is reintroduced in Qt6 it would be with some flavor of these changes rather than just being a strait port form Qt 5.

Agreed. Maybe I'll just push my port to github then, renamed as qtgamepad-legacy or so.

Pushed it here: https://github.com/pumphaus/qtgamepadlegacy
Renamed the whole thing to QtGamepadLegacy, so there should be no compatibility issues with the "actual" QtGamepad when it is released.

from a qt project policy pov, nothing speaks against pushing it to the main repo as 6.x-legacy-api or some such. this would give it broader exposure, and it could get a proper review on gerrit.