Hey Lazlo,

I've been working with various list and tree models a lot in recent years. I think I've never used QTreeWidgetItem and/or QStandardItem even once. In my experience these classes or only viable for the most simple cases. I'd usually expect people to need a custom data structure holding their model data and the "standard" classes will not suffice. With that in mind, I think it's fine that the examples show just that.

Regards,
Arno