At the Qt Contributors Summit in Berlin last week, we discussed various ideas
around improving the contribution experience, esp for new people.

One action that came out of that was setting up a gerrit group of people that
are able and willing to hand-hold new contributors through the process. This
includes setting up your local development environment, gerrit configuration
and workflow, and finding out what to work on from e.g. Jira. The basic idea is
that we establish a (gerrit, probably) group with buddies; we can already
identify “first gerrit reviews" for a new user, and then we can proactively
reach out with a welcome message, and add the group of buddies as a reviewer.

A few people raised their hand at the event, but I don’t think anyone took down
the names, and I was busy juggling microphones. And either way, this is of
course open to anyone! So please reply to this, either to all or privately to
me, if you want to be part of that group.

Cheers,
Volker