From: Development <development-boun...@qt-project.org> on behalf of André
Somers <an...@familiesomers.nl>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2023 8:15:52 PM
To: development@qt-project.org <development@qt-project.org>
Subject: [Development] QML Rectangle corner radius API for Qt 6.7

Hi,

Starting from 6.7 we'll have separate corner radii for the corners of a
Rectangle. Nice, very welcome!

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt6-6.7/qml-qtquick-rectangle.html__;!!Nbma_1s!qEoiP92cqhsfnX-HHwEApg2oZPI0sCUo_e1WoYidXIlOByAeSXryFEIY7fgBhrVIkzA9_OzYV_e1XeHzfDE$

Unfortunately, the API looks a bit clunky and not ready for further
extension. Would it not be better to use a grouped property here instead
of having four different properties?

I can see two options. The simplest option is to have a `radii`
property, which is a grouped property containing the `topLeft`,
`topRight`, `bottomLeft` and `bottomRight` properties as a floating
point value as we have now. I think that would be cleaner than the
current state of things.

The second option is to actually allow for some more customization, and
have a `corners` property, where each corner again is named as in the
`radii` above, but would itself be a grouped property that could not
only contain `radius` but also `color` (and perhaps other properties in
the future*). Setting different colors for each of the corners would
allow for way more flexible gradients than what we have at the moment.

Cheers,

André

*) For instance, there could be properties that give even finer control
over the radius, so you can make an inverted rounded corner, or have
different radii for the x and y axis, or...

Confidentiality Notice: This message (including attachments) is a private
communication solely for use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the
intended recipient(s) or believe you received this message in error, notify the
sender immediately and then delete this message. Any other use, retention,
dissemination or copying is prohibited and may be a violation of law, including
the Electronic Communication Privacy Act of 1986.   ­­