On Friday, 9 February 2024 10:59:07 CET Vladimir Minenko via Development
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I also think we should first get the 2022 compiler packages available for
> installation in parallel to the 2019 ones. This should be available for
> users for a while so that they have a transition period. Along with this,
> we should announce that the 2019 compiler will be dismissed by a specific
> date.

> As we introduce Linux on ARM desktops and later Windows on ARM desktops,
> this can only be done IMHO after work on the release of 6.7 is finished,
> meaning in some of the 6.7.x slots.

> Considering removal of MSVC 2019 in "Supported Configurations” in
> https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/windows.html should come after we provide a
> transition solution, IMHO

MSVC2019 and MSVC2022 is supposed to be compatible. So in theory at least
packages made with MSVC2022 is still usable for MSVC2019 as well. It is just a
question of which compiler we use to generate the binaries with.

Best regards
Allan