Hello all,

FYI in this subject:

https://www.qt.io/blog/moving-to-msvc-2022-in-qt-68

--
Vladimir

On 12. Apr 2024, at 14:04, Oliver Wolff via Development
<development@qt-project.org> wrote:

Hey hey

On 15/03/2024 16:47, Thiago Macieira wrote:
On Monday, 5 February 2024 01:44:29 PDT Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
I was trying to drop support for it in qtwebengine in 6.7, but the problem
was it was still used for qt packaging. But if we could at least switch
packing to vs2022, it would mean we could drop it in QWE.
Can we commit to this ASAP after the 6.7 release? We'll revisit later in the
cycle whether we still need 2019. Do note that Microsoft is preparing the next
release after 2022, as seen by their shipping 17.0 Tech Previews.
Jörg accidentally broke the C++ language level set up in dev, meaning we
didn't test C++20 mode with 2019 for a day or so, and some changes that
trigger 2019's broken C++20 support went in. If we don't drop 2019 by 6.8
release, we should force it to only compile in C++17 mode.

Sorry for the long silence. I talked to some people inside the company and we
agreed on the following plan: We will try to get MSVC 2022 packages into 6.7 as
soon as possible. For 6.8 we will then remove support for MSVC 2019 (and hope
that not too many people rely on that being available in the next LTS release).
That should give users some time to test the 2022 packages and they can report
bugs and fall back to the 2019 packages if something breaks for them before we
do the "hard cut".

Cheers,
Olli