From: Development <development-boun...@qt-project.org> on behalf of Jani
Heikkinen via Development <development@qt-project.org>
Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 13:34
To: Giuseppe D'Angelo <giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com>, development@qt-project.org
<development@qt-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Development] Decrease amount of qt releases in online installer

It takes quite a time to show all releases when you select  'archive'
category. With latest online installer this is already much better than earlier
but it still takes some time and it's a bit annoying...

> > That's why I suggest
> > removing the older ones from the online installer; these releases can
> > still be found in the archive as source packages and offline installers.
> >
> > But what are the ones that can be removed? I suggest removing all Qt 5
> > except Qt 5.15.x. And maybe we could also remove the oldest Qt6s, e.g.
> > all Qt 6.0.x, 6.1.x?
> >
> > Any objections or other opinions?
> >

> Do you have data on how what's the share of downloads per Qt version / OS?
> Maybe those can be mirrored less aggressively?

I don't have that kind of data in my hands now but it isn't that easy to choose
mirroring strategy based on the release; releases aren't in one folder in
online installer and so on it would be quite hard for mirrors to define which
repos (==folders) should not be mirrored.

- Jani