I have now released version 2.0b6 of cpdb-libs, with a lot of bug fixes, especially of crashers, and with some changes which needed to apply to ease sandboxed packaging (Snap, OCI containers, ...) of the backends.

This changes caused slight changes in the API, which could also cause slight changes to be needed in the print dialog code, mainly a different function has to be called to send off a print job.

I highly recommend to only work with this version and to update if an older version is installed.

The announcement is here:

https://openprinting.github.io/Common-Print-Dialog-Backends-Second-Generation-Sixth-Beta-Release/

See especially also the "API changes" section.

Gaurav (Guleria), please updated to this cpdb-libs version, test the Qt dialog, and do the needed changes on it for sending off the print jobs streaming and with a job title. If you have any code to explicitly support the CPDB FILE backend, for example for the user to choose the file to print into, you should remove it.

Further API changes will most probably not happen any more.

Once the patches being updated by Gaurav Guleria I will also look through them to see whether everything is done correctly. Especially with 2.0b6 it is easier to test everything as it has many bug fixes since 2.0b5 of 10 months ago.

   Till