Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for writing this driver!
I have tested your si5351 clock driver and his tuning capabilities. It works
well, it generates proper clock frequency, but when new frequency is generated,
little clock gap (1ms) is generated. Si5351 datasheet and WP claims, clock
tuning can be without gaps -
http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documents/TechnicalDocs/Si5350-51-Frequency-Shifting-WP.pdf
I made some tests with Si5351A chip and I found that when tuning touch only
Multisynth registers, it can tune without gaps. There is no need for soft PLL
reset. I found also, accessing Multisynth registers is not atomic, so there can
be another frequency at output, while not all registers are written. Writing
only to one register seems to be atomic.
I'm using this chip for master audio clock frequency generator and tuning about
+-50ppm. The question is, if driver you made has capability for tuning without
gaps in +-50pmm (or any other) range with about 1ppm step and if not, it is
possible to add this functionality?

Thanks,

Michal