On 10/17/2014 09:27 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 08:55:21AM -0500, Thor Thayer wrote:

I didn't see it documented in the dw-spi bindings but I did see a reference
to .bus_num in the static structure (spi_board_info) shown in
spi-summary.txt. If the bus-num isn't defined or used, the bus ends up as
32766 (0x7FE). However, the main point is that this isn't used in the code
so I should remove it.
Defining the bus number is important for use in board files to allow
devices to be referenced but should never have any practical effect for
DT systems.
Thank you for the explanation, Mark. I'll make the change and resubmit.