John Powell writes:
> From: "M" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > No, the NTP server functionality IS enabled in the e-smith
> > > build.  You can point an SNTP or NTP client at the e-smith
> > > server and get the correct time.
> >
> > I'm using an e-mail checking and timesyncing utility
> > called jetmail monitor.
> > It gives an error when I try to sync it with my e-smith
> > server.
>
> ....  Bottom line, either check out an NTP or SNTP client
> (tardis is my favorite for Windoze) ....

I've downloaded tardis and pointed it at my e-smith server and indeed the
time (NTP) server was functional. Jet-MailMonitor probably uses the TIME or
DAYTIME protocol as you already mentioned.
One thing though: I was able to retrieve the time from my e-smith server
via the Internet!! NTP is enabled on the external interface. Is this the
way it's ment to be?

Regards,

Matthijs van der Klip