Darrell May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Yes, thanks, I downloaded all these links.
>
>BerkleyDB-2.7.7-1.i386.rpm
>e-smith-squidguard-0.2-3.htm
>e-smith-squidGuard-0.2-3.noarch.rpm
>e-smith-squidGuard-dbads-010313-1.noarch.rpm
>e-smith-squidGuard-dbaggressive-010313-1.noarch.rpm
>e-smith-squidGuard-dbaudio-video-010313-1.noarch.rpm
>e-smith-squidGuard-dbdrugs-010313-1.noarch.rpm
>e-smith-squidGuard-dbgambling-010313-1.noarch.rpm
>e-smith-squidGuard-dbhacking-010313-1.noarch.rpm
>e-smith-squidGuard-dbporn-010313-1.noarch.rpm
>e-smith-squidGuard-dbviolence-010313-1.noarch.rpm
>e-smith-squidGuard-dbwarez-010313-1.noarch.rpm
>e-smith-transproxy-0.2-3.noarch.rpm
>squidGuard-1.1.4-2.i386.rpm
>
>Have I got everything I need?

Yessir! :)

An additional note: if you want, you can precompile the databases for faster
precompiled databases, Matthijs files did not, at least until the last time
I downloaded them).

Precompiled files have a drawback, of course: BerkeleyDB loads them if it
finds them, ignoring the ASCII version, so if you need to modify a database
you have to recompile.

Inserting an entry in a database is a matter of appending a line to the
right file, and can be done with no more than an 'echo string>>filename'
command, so there's a decision to make.

I choosed to always precompile the blacklists/Matthijs databases, that are
the largest ones, leaving the two "custom" trusted/untrusted databases in
plain ASCII.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, please have a look at the
squidGuard documentation on www.squidguard.org: it's way more clear and
explicative than I could ever manage to be :)

--

Pierluigi Miranda