Jon Pamment wrote:
> The network runs for about 30 to 90 mins then goes down for
> between 4-7
> mins. By goes down I mean it shuts down everything. We lose our local
> network, no machine can see any other machine, no web
> browsing , no email.

Hi Jon, this does sound quite peculiar.  Do you mean that after 4-7 mins,
without doing anything, it returns to full functionality?

I would take these steps in order and test after each step is completed:

1) review /var/log/messages for any error messages and report.  Continue
   to review after each step below to see if anything becomes apparent.
2) disconnect the external nic from the Internet and test LAN functions
3) replace the internal nic in the e-smith server
4) replace the hub
5) disconnect the e-smith server from the LAN and test your peer-to-peer
   network
6) replace the e-smith server with a new computer and test

When I suggest 'replace' I do not mean to imply you purchase replacements.
Have your e-smith partner loan you a temporary replacement for testing.

Hope this helps.

> It seems the installers have run out of things to try. I
> believe they have
> been discussing this with e-smith but the answer hasn't been
> found yet.
> I suggested to the installers that I ask here, in case anyone
> could come up
> with the golden answer and they agreed.

Jon, if you wish, I would be happy to speak with the installers.
Please mention to them that they may contact me directly.

Regards,

Darrell May
DMC NETSOURCED.COM
9912 Lougheed Highway, Burnaby, BC, Canada V3J 1N3
Phone: (604) 420-1362 * Fax: (604) 552-8833
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: http://netsourced.com