>     - 32k of zeroes are written instead of 10k
>
>The 32k of zeroes are written because OnStream drives require a 32k
>blocksize. e-smith does not yet support OnStream drives but we will be
>looking at them for future releases (they're difficult, they don't
>work with ide-scsi, flexbackup.conf requires even more changes to cope
>with the fixed blocksize, a kernel upgrade is needed to talk to them
>with ide-tape.o, etc etc etc).

It sounds like the Onstream DI-30's aren't supported *at all*.  I'm trying
to get one going with a recompile, but I didn't think I would run into any
trouble setting flexbackup to a 32k blocksize.

It sounds like you already have some information about getting them working
(all the ugly workarounds).  Would you mind sharing that information
(privately is fine)?  Specifically, I'm wondering what kind of changes need
to be made to flexbackup.conf.

I would really appreciate it, thank you in advance!

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, [EMAIL PROTECTED]