> I am not a fan of BIND, and we intend to move to djbdns in the future.
> This will add security and robustness, but will not fix broken remote
> sites.

I am interested in your plans to move to djbdns.  Since you have run qmail
since day zero, I am puzzled why you have delayed deploying  dnscache and
tinydns in e-smith.  In light of the recent DNS exploits in BIND and cache
poisoning across the 'net, I would expect that you would be moving rapidly
in that direction.

I inquired long ago to JM about djbdns; now it seems that there ARE now
widely available and acceptable RPMs...that should help ease the
integration process.

Being that Vixie cron is also suspect for various exploits, I and several
colleagues have recently ventured into porting the cron from OpenBSD to
Linux...I will keep you posted, if you are interested...

--Pete