Can we get the following bit of code added to future versions of the server
to simplify use of a server CDROM
(Now that the e-smith server is more like a 'file server' with the release
of 4.1 :-)

I normally add a template fragment into /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/smb.conf
called 80cdrom with the following contents:

[CDROM]
   comment = Server CDROM
   path = /mnt/cdrom
   read only = yes
   browsable = yes
   root preexec = /bin/mount /dev/hdd /mnt/cdrom
   root postexec /bin/umount /mnt/cdrom

# /dev/hdd=second IDE slave, /hdc=second IDE master etc

but it would be great to have this as a standard feature.

I know the system needs to work out to which bus the drive is actually
connected, but I am sure this is trivial programming for you guys !

Regards
Sasha Malic
[EMAIL PROTECTED]