Darrell May wrote:
> Two Questions:
>
> 1) Under e-smith is the '/etc/rc.d/rc.local' the correct location for
On my system (well the one with the CD-RW), the ide-scsi code is
compiled into the kernel. I use
append "hda=ide-scsi"
in my lilo to make sure that only this device is moved to scsi space.
Maybe one of the e-smith guys can talk about the "e-smith way"?

> 2) The ide-scsi module seems to provide the best software compatibility.
> Does anyone have any comments or experiences with long term usage of this
> module either for ide tape or ide CDRW devices?
It is essential for CDRW with the cdrecord tool (which is under most of
the GUIs), and I've used it with good results.
I don't have a tape drive yet, so not sure about this.