On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Darrell May wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response Charlie.  Hmmm, I don't know what 'kudzu' is
> so I didn't go there.  As far as I know, I did not, at least purposely, make
> any hardware/software change to enable this.  Here is a copy of my
> /etc/modules.conf.  Does this help explain anything?

I can't see anything there that would be loading the scsi emulation
module.

Could you please send me the extract from /var/log/messages that suggested
to you that the enabling of scsi emulation had occurred? And send me the
output of /sbin/lsmod.

Thanks

> [root@e-smith /etc]# cat modules.conf
> alias sound-slot-0 i810_audio
> alias usb-controller usb-uhci
> alias eth0 rtl8139
> alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
> alias ppp-compress-18 ppp_mppe
> alias ppp-compress-21 bsd_comp
> alias ppp-compress-24 ppp_deflate
> alias ppp-compress-26 ppp_deflate
> alias net-pf-4 off
> alias net-pf-10 off

  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada