On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 11:13:14PM -0500, Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> Our lack of enthusiasm for taper is not related to any reliabilty problems
> it may have, nor due to a lack of features. From what we have seen, it may
> have too many features - it does not meet the "as simple as possible"
> yardstick.

And even more important, it is does not appear to be easy to configure
taper programmatically, which is important for a hands-off installation.

We will include the taper RPMs in the image.

And as Charlie said, we do not intend to dictate which backup software
people choose - the requirements are site-dependant. We want to
provide a simple, reliable nightly full backup for 4.1 and flexbackup
does that well.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)