[root@e-smith e-smith]# cp /home/e-smith/configuration{,.safe}
Run all the way through the console accepting the existing settings, Save
changes
[root@e-smith e-smith]# diff /home/e-smith/configuration{,.safe}
[root@e-smith e-smith]#

/home/e-smith/configuration continues to have:
TelnetServerMode=private
UnsavedChanges=yes
WebServerName=www.netsourced1.com

Note changes are implemented for instance I have been doing the simple test
of changing the system name back and forth from e-smith to e-smith1.  I
guess it is just the console save that does not toggle the
UnsavedChanges=yes to UnsavedChanges=no to clear the message [Control
console ** unsaved changes; please configure again].  I even tried selecting
'no' to save the changes thinking somehow these might be reversed.  That
wasn't it of course but thought I would try :-)

Darrell

http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 564 8000 ext. 4378    Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada