Hello all,

Just got the new issue of Linux Journal and found a very interesting article:

http://www2.linuxjournal.com/cgi-bin/frames.pl/lj-issues/issue84/4568.html

About an interesting piece of free software...

http://www.salmar.com/gss

called Grand Salmar Station.

It essentially serves as a document and file repository that is very similar
to the Infoplace document organizer on the rebel.com Netwinder, as well
as being similar to the format and functionality of a discussion database
in Lotus Notes.

One downside is that is uses PostgreSQL instead of MySQL.

I only mention because it looks like it might fill a gap in e-smith. For the
non-technical end user, the only two facilities that I think are currently
missing
from the product are something like this (because a lot of people have trouble
with the concept of network drives to store "stuff") and perhaps the integration
 of
a program like Phorum. (yes I have followed all the other threads and wish lists
and even contributed the things I would like as an administrator, but I am only
thinking about end user experience).

Anyway, just my two cents

BTW, while waxing poetic, has anyone thought about or already created new ISO
images of e-smith that contain all the current update RPMS? It would be a lot
easier
than doing the install and doing all the updates manually, especially in a
restore
situation.

Robert Boerner