On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 07:27:57PM +0100, Michael Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, I have the same problem.
> System: 4.1beta 3

> Connect try from a win98SE box through an analog modem connection to
> the fixed external IPaddress of the e-smith server. I'm not able to
> interpret the logged /var/log/messages but I can provide a the log:
> [...]

Hang on - Have you applied the "Dial Up Networking 128 bit encryption
update" from windowsupdate.microsoft.com which we didn't tell you
about:-) ? Yes, this should be detailed in the release notes and will
be in the manual...

We force 128 bit encryption as part of the connection, regardless of
whether the client asks for it. No encryption for a VPN connection
makes is a VN :-), and 40 bit encryption is only marginally
better.

Added to that, the 40 bit encryption in the original Win98 doesn't
work, so we made a conscious decision to force 128 bit encryption. The
update is available for all parts of the world except for a small
nominated list of countries.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)