On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Jaime Nebrera Herrera wrote:

>   So I guess I'm stiked to MRTG or it's "bother" RRDD. If anybody has
> some experience with them, please contact me :))

I guess you mean its "brother", RRDtool. As you are probably aware,
RRDtool is "a reimplementation of MRTGs graphing and logging features.
Magnitudes faster and more flexible than you ever thought possible".
Details can be found at:

  http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/

As you will have noticed, the e-smith development team has been very
focussed on making the 4.1 release the best yet, by a big margin. We are
now close enough to that release so that we can think of life after the
Big Release. Some system monitoring tools based on RRDtool are on the
roadmap, so we'd advise you against investing too much time in MRTG.
(MRTG-3, BTW, will be built on top of RRDtools).

We definitely look forward to collaborating with you (and others) on
making effective use of RRDtool.

Regards

  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada