http://www.e-smith.org/release/4.1-beta4/status/
The documentation does not make specific refernce to the Primary i-bay created
by default, nor it current permissions.

Where exactly in the manual is this?  I still can't find it anywhere or in
Chapter 13.
http://www.e-smith.org/docs/manual/4.1/ibaydirs.html

chroot'ing users when they ftp...does that interfere with webmail, samba, etc.?

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 15:13:44 +0100
 "Nick Berendsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  | Mayby I don't get it, but why are the permissions in smb.conf for primary
  | set to the folowing:
  |
  | [Primary]
  |    comment = Primary site
  |    path = /home/e-smith/files/primary
  |    read only = no
  |    writable = yes
  |    printable = no
  |    create mode = 0640
  |    force create mode = 0640
  |    directory mode = 0750
  |    force directory mode = 0750
  |
  | with file permission to 640 and dir permission 750 nobody can see my
  | files!!
  | (except me and my group). That's good voor private use, but I'm talking
  | about Primary here...
  |
  | I think it must be 644 and 755... correct me if I'm wrong....
  |
  | I make my pages in Windows 2000, and copy it over the 'network
  | naiberhood'... (or something like that, I use a Dutch vesion ;-)
  | It's e-smith rc1, I'm here on a cablemodem with download limit so I can't
  | download every new version......
  |
  | Best regards, Nick
  |
  | O, ps, I f*****-up the mysql config to get php-nuke working.... My webmail
  | is more or less dead now, but I've got php-nuke and phpMyAdmin 2.1.0
  | working
  | now ;-)

IDE.PHP and PHPMyAdmin would be excellent addtitions...is PHPLib already
included?

  | Does anybody know the right password for normal access after a
  | clean
  | install???? As root I can login without a password on the console, and even
  | create databases en dump nuke.sql, but no access from the web....

 adam http://www.kaikun.org 5,000+ photos
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ