From: "Millpost" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: [e-smith-devinfo] email imap migration: clients are driving me
spare.....

> I am very interested to hear that you reconfigured webmail to point at the
> home directory instead of the mail folder that it creates for itself.
> Was it easy?

Yep, very easy.

in
'/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/home/httpd/html/horde/imp/config/defaults.php
3' directory I copied the existing files called
250folderPrefix  320sentMailFolder.

bash-2.04$ cat 250folderPrefix

// What prefix should we use to look for folders? For UW-imapd, this
// is very likely 'mail/'. If you don't know what to set this to,
// leave it empty (''), as that will never exclude anything from the
// list. If you find that you are getting too much, then set this
// value to the prefix that you want to restrict the list to.
$default->folders = '';

bash-2.04$ cat 320sentMailFolder

// What folder should we save sent messages to? This is relative to
// both $default->folders and $default->personal_folders.
//
// Ex: if you
// are using UW, and the sent-mail box is $HOME/mail/sent-mail, and
// $default->folders = 'mail/', then this should be set to
// 'sent-mail'. If $default->folders were empty, then this would have to be
'mail/sent-mail'.
//
// For Cyrus, if both $default->folders and $default->personal_folders
// are empty, this should probably be 'INBOX.sent-mail'. However, if
// you set $default->personal_folders to 'INBOX.', then this can
// safely be just 'sent-mail'.
$default->sent_mail = 'Sent Items';

You will find the original files in
'/etc/e-smith/templates/home/httpd/html/horde/imp/config/defaults.php3'

> Have you had any ongoing difficulty with this config?

None at all, all users appear to be happy, (or to scared of me to comment
otherwise) :)

> What happens when you upgrade e-smith or webmail?

The templates are in the custom area, so will not be wiped out by any
upgrades, what e-smith changes might make some differences thats all.

> Do you want to share your solution?

I just did <grin>

Rob.