On Mon, 12 Feb 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I kopied the web site to the server under the admin account.
> I'm working with Windows ME, and use my server as a domein server.
> So I kopied the site with use of the windows explorer (and Samba).
>
> So that I logged on as root is not the problem.
> How can I correct the problem?

That depends on exactly what the problem is. My guess is that the problem
is due to errors in the pathnames of the references to the images. The
references will have been inserted into the HTML by whatever editing tool
you have been using, and the references may contain drive letters, or may
contain case differences (e.g. images versus Images) which do not matter
when accessed via file sharing but do matter when acessed via the web
server.

> I haven't looked at the ownership and rights yet, because I'm not at home,

I doubt that it is a permissions problem.

  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada