On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 08:54:29AM -0500, Dean Staff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> This may sound stupid, but is it possible that the anti-spam
> "feature" of the obtuse-smtpd that you guy's took out after my
> problems, has snuck back in?
> [...]

Not stupid at all. As Charlie has shown, it is not in 4.1

<obtuse smtpd rpm maintainer hat>
I have been working with the author of the patch, and we have a new version,
which will be added to obtuse-smtpd and available for testing some time soon.
Probably not for a week or two.

The problem is that the patch did not reset the "tarpit" counters when a
"RSET" command was sent. This should be done after every mail when multiple
mails are sent in one connection (as is your case). We need to test that with
your mail client (and others).

Unfortunately, there are also seriously broken mail clients which do
not send a RSET command after each mail in one session, but this is
completely against the standards.
</obtuse smtpd rpm maintainer hat>

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)