On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 06:54:32AM -0800, JB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Unfortunately, there are also seriously broken mail clients which do
> > not send a RSET command after each mail in one session, but this is
> > completely against the standards.
> > </obtuse smtpd rpm maintainer hat>

The spammer deterrent patch is not in 4.1, and so this comment doesn't apply.

> I will try a different mail clinet and see if that has any affect.

However, that is always a good way to narrow things down.

> The other problem of bounced mail, should'nt a mail sent to a bad hotmail
> address bounce back to the original sender, regardless of the setting in
> the e-smith manager?

In most cases, yes, but it would depend on how it bounced. Doublebounces
go to postmaster/admin.

> I thought that was for external mail?

It's for any mail received by the e-smith server, treated as local, but
incapable of being delivered. Mail _to_ hotmail accounts should not be
treated as local, but you may have inadvertantly set up a doublebounce.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)